I do. You do. We all do.
The average adult should be getting between 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night for optimal physical and mental health.
For many of us the issue may be either how to get to sleep or stay asleep all night. The first step is to create positive sleep habits.
- Go to be at the same time every night and get up at the same time daily
- Allow time to unwind before sleep. Put down electronic devices and turn off the television for up to an hour before bed.
- Ensure your room is well-ventilated and not too warm or too cold.
- Eat a healthy, protein-based snack like yoghurt about an hour before bed.
- Jump out of bed when the alarm goes off..the snooze button is not your friend.
Taking my own advice on board, I’m trying to get up at 6am every day and lights out by 10pm nightly. In theory, this should give me more time in the day and I can get organised before the house wakes, or squeeze in some exercise.
In reality, the wake up is not too bad, the staying awake during the day a challenge and the getting to lights out by 10pm…well, maybe next week I’ll be better at it.
I’m hoping a ginseng tea will pep me up for the day.